Annika Sorenstam is at Innisbrook this morning for Ladies Day at the Transitions Championship where she is the keynote speaker. She will be speaking at the breakfast part of the 2nd annual Ladies Day where she will have the chance to sit next to Sheila Johnson who owns both Innisbrook and Reunion Resorts. Johnson is a member of her foundation’s board and has great respect for her. There will be about 250 women in attendance and she is looking forward to speaking to them today.
On Tiger’s withdrawal from Doral on Sunday, she said that she knew how everyone was so excited about Tiger’s performance at The Honda Classic. Although Tiger was not as solid at Doral, he was still playing well but to see him leave was surprising. There is now a question of how healthy he is and how often he will be able to play this year. She knows that he wants to be out there on the course but she wonders how often he will be able to be on the course.
She has had to chance to get to know a number of the LPGA Tour Founders over the years and she knows how hard they worked to make the LPGA Tour what it is today. Patty Berg and Kathy Whitworth are two founders that she is particularly close to and this is a great way to start the LPGA Tour season.
It is often hard to have a family member as a caddie and she knows about this from personal experience. As a result, she thinks that it is a good thing that Lexi Thompson now has Greg Johnston as her caddie. Johnston is very experienced and will be able to help Lexi a great deal with her game on the golf course.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play