Rory McIlroy earned his 3rd win on the 2012 PGA TOUR and the thing that he take from his final round is the way he played on the back nine on Sunday in the 3rd round. His playing partner Louis Oosthuizen had birdied 7 straight holes and McIlroy was able to significantly reduce his deficit on those nine holes that day. He started the final round 3 shots behind Oosthuizen instead of 6 behind and he went on to win by 1.
McIlroy has been extraordinary his entire life and he has been able to learn how to win on every level including the PGA TOUR. It is amazing that someone as young as he is has so much maturity. Tiger Woods is another example of a player who was able to reach amazing heights at a young age despite the pressure from other people as well as from within themselves. No one could have anticipated McIlroy winning 2 Majors by 8 strokes each so when someone reaches a level that no one thinks can be reached, it gets a lot of attention because the accomplishment is so amazing.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path