Brian Davis has had skin cancer on two different occasions and is affiliated with the Skin Cancer Foundation (skincancer.org). He has been involved with the Skin Cancer Foundation for three years now and when you live in a place like Florida as he does you have to be especially careful whenever you have prolonged sun exposure. The most important thing when it comes to awareness is being educated about the risks of sun exposure and how to most effectively protect yourself.
As a European, he is not eligible for the Presidents Cup but he is excited to watch this week’s matches. Team matches are the most exciting tournaments in golf as the motivator of money is replaced by national pride. He plans to play on the PGA TOUR and European Tour in 2012 and hopes to play well enough to earn a place on the European Ryder Cup team in 2012. All of the formats are very exciting but at the end, it always comes down to singles.
After calling a penalty on himself to lose the 2010 RBC Heritage, he was blown away by the number of messages he received and the amount of positive feedback he got from so many people. It is a great thing for the sport of golf to have a reputation for honesty and integrity and although he did not win in Hilton Head, he was happy that the incident ended up being something positive for the image of golf.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth