On Tuesday, Rymer went up to Atlanta on his day off to attend the Georgia Tech golf team’s annual tournament. He had a chance to see Larry Mize, Stewart Cink, and Cameron Tringale among other alumni and it was wonderful to see how strong the alumni support for Georgia Tech athletics really is. When asked how he played, Rymer said that he had a lot of fun and while he started strong, he did not finish as well as he would have liked.
There are a lot of reasons why players enjoy playing in The McGladrey Classic and one of them is Sea Island Golf Club. The course has a great practice facility and one of the best teaching academies in the United States. A lot of players, including Jonathan Byrd, Zach Johnson, and Davis Love III, call Sea Island home and they are very comfortable living in such a relaxed atmosphere. Rymer compared this week to the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina because both events have very relaxed atmospheres and are played in great southern destinations.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots