On Tuesday, Rymer went up to Atlanta on his day off to attend the Georgia Tech golf team’s annual tournament. He had a chance to see Larry Mize, Stewart Cink, and Cameron Tringale among other alumni and it was wonderful to see how strong the alumni support for Georgia Tech athletics really is. When asked how he played, Rymer said that he had a lot of fun and while he started strong, he did not finish as well as he would have liked.
There are a lot of reasons why players enjoy playing in The McGladrey Classic and one of them is Sea Island Golf Club. The course has a great practice facility and one of the best teaching academies in the United States. A lot of players, including Jonathan Byrd, Zach Johnson, and Davis Love III, call Sea Island home and they are very comfortable living in such a relaxed atmosphere. Rymer compared this week to the RBC Heritage in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina because both events have very relaxed atmospheres and are played in great southern destinations.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path