Darron Stiles won the News Sentinel Open on the Web.com Tour on Sunday. Stiles also won the event in 2002 and is also now the all-time leading money winner on the Web.com Tour. He got off to a rocky start on the first hole on Sunday but made a 30-foot putt for birdie on the second hole which helped to relax him and then he was able to go out and win. You are always nervous in the final round when you are in contention and he was definitely nervous at the start of his final round on Sunday.
Stiles has likely secured his PGA TOUR card for the 2013 season and this is particularly important considering the changes that will come to the PGA TOUR next year. There has not been that much discussion among players on the Web.com Tour in large part because there will not be that many dramatic changes on that tour. Stiles is very excited about the changes and thinks that they will serve to help the Web.com Tour in many ways.
He works with Michael Breed who is the host of The Golf Fix on Golf Channel. When they are on the range, Breed is much more subdued than he is on television and Breed is an exceptional teacher and Stiles said that he enjoys working with him a great deal.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots