Feherty is in Melbourne, Australia this week for Golf Channel’s coverage of The Presidents Cup. The conditions at Royal Melbourne on Day Two could only have been more difficult if soldiers were attacking the players with blow darts. He played there in an event in 1987 so he knows that it can be difficult but the winds made a hard links course almost impossible with greens running almost 35 on the Stimpmeter. The course was not unfair or unplayable but if you were in the wrong place in the fairway, it was almost impossible to get close to the hole. Aaron Baddeley and Tiger Woods were two players who played incredibly well at Royal Melbourne although Woods ended up on the short end of that match. He likes that Fred Couples is sending Woods and Dustin Johnson out together again in Foursomes because Dustin is not far off from playing really well and it is good that they have another chance to play well together. At this point, he would probably change the pairing of Ernie Els and Ryo Ishikawa. He does not think that Els looks 100% this week and it would be better for both of them as well as the team if they were paired with other players.
He feels that Ian Poulter is a phenomenal alternate shot player and is a great partner for anyone but he does not have a good idea in advance of who a great match play partner would be and tends to find out when he is watching them on the course.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path