David L. Brown is the Chairman, President, & CEO of Web.com which officially replaced Nationwide Insurance as the title sponsor of the Nationwide Tour on Wednesday. The company determined that the title sponsorship for the Web.com Tour was determined to be the best way to promote themselves to the most people. They as well as most people in the United States view the PGA TOUR as something positive and they want to be a part of something like this on a year-round basis. The company considered sponsoring a PGA TOUR event but they felt it would be better for everyone involved if they could sponsor a year-round tour. Web.com is a great company and they are here to help small businesses and by sponsoring the Web.com Tour they feel that they are able to get the word out to many people all over the country.
He had the chance to meet all of the tournament directors for the Web.com Tour events and they have already begun discussions about ways to improve tournament websites as well as social media strategies which will ultimately lead to more awareness among the public which will lead to more money raised for local charities.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path