Maronic is a Board Member of The First Tee of Tampa Bay. The First Tee is always looking for new ways to get kids motivated and keep them active. Introducing golf to physical education programs in school has been a huge success and it has exposed many kids to golf who had never seen it before and may not have experienced it otherwise. The teachers in the school are also implementing the lessons of the Nine Core Values to the curriculum. Now that golf is in the schools as part of physical education, the next goal is bringing in mentors who can further help kids in after-school programs. For more information, go to thefirsttee.org.
Tags: The First Tee
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth