Golf Channel on NBC Analyst Dottie Pepper is in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL this week for THE PLAYERS. Tiger Woods had a few critical moments in his second round on Friday but in Pepper’s opinion, the main moment was the tee shot at 8 that led to the first of straight birdies. If the tee shot did not end up where he did, things could have been very different.
Walking with Rickie Fowler on Friday, she congratulated Rickie on his win last week and he agreed with her that there is much less pressure now. He was playing with Tiger Woods who had a scary moment on the 5th hole when he hit a shot off of an awkward lie. While many people were scared that he had injured himself, the reality was that Tiger had only broken a shoelace and Tiger quickly received a replacement shoe.
The windy conditions could serve to help players who can go out early and shoot 68 or 69 to move up the leaderboard although she added that co-leader Zach Johnson could benefit as well as he tends to play well in the wind and in difficult conditions.
“Bogey Tees Off” is starting to have the impact that she hoped that the book would have. She said that there has never really been a positive and fun character to associate with the game of golf and now there is such a character. Also, Bogey has been at TPC Sawgrass all week watching the action from high in the sky with one of the Golf Channel on NBC cameramen.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path