Golf Channel on NBC Analyst Dottie Pepper is in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL this week for THE PLAYERS. Tiger Woods had a few critical moments in his second round on Friday but in Pepper’s opinion, the main moment was the tee shot at 8 that led to the first of straight birdies. If the tee shot did not end up where he did, things could have been very different.
Walking with Rickie Fowler on Friday, she congratulated Rickie on his win last week and he agreed with her that there is much less pressure now. He was playing with Tiger Woods who had a scary moment on the 5th hole when he hit a shot off of an awkward lie. While many people were scared that he had injured himself, the reality was that Tiger had only broken a shoelace and Tiger quickly received a replacement shoe.
The windy conditions could serve to help players who can go out early and shoot 68 or 69 to move up the leaderboard although she added that co-leader Zach Johnson could benefit as well as he tends to play well in the wind and in difficult conditions.
“Bogey Tees Off” is starting to have the impact that she hoped that the book would have. She said that there has never really been a positive and fun character to associate with the game of golf and now there is such a character. Also, Bogey has been at TPC Sawgrass all week watching the action from high in the sky with one of the Golf Channel on NBC cameramen.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae