Dylan Frittelli made the putt to win the 2012 NCAA Men’s Golf Championship for the University of Texas at Riviera Country Club. When he made the winning putt, he jumped up and threw down his hat and sunglasses and laughed when it was suggested that it could become a new traditional celebration in the NCAA Championship.
He has not spoken with Jordan Spieth recently but when they last spoke, he was excited to get out to California and knows that his main goal is now to win Low Amateur Honors. Immediately after winning the NCAA Championship, he and Spieth flew out to Texas to play in a Sectional Qualifier. It was a whirlwind schedule and while he is sad that he was not able to qualify for the U.S. Open this year, he was very happy to see Jordan Spieth finish first as first alternate and then earn a place in the field.
Amateur Beau Hossler has committed to play for the University of Texas and he is very happy and enthusiastic about the future of the University of Texas golf team now that he has completed his senior year. He knows that it would be great to play on a team that would include Hossler but unfortunately he will not be able to because he has graduated from the University of Texas.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path