Golf Channel Analyst Frank Nobilo is at TPC Boston for the final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship. Nobilo was also the 2009 & 2011 International Presidents Cup Team Assistant Captain to Captain Greg Norman.
The most important thing for the U.S. team when it comes to getting great team chemistry is the last two Captain’s Picks. While he thinks that Stricker and Furyk will get picked, the other two picks are up in the air. If he gets those two picks right, the U.S. should put in a great performance at Medinah. If he gets those picks wrong, it is likely that Europe will keep the Ryder Cup for two more years.
It is normal for a Captain to have already determined all but one of his picks by this point. Nobilo doubts that one good round today could make a significant impact on Love III’s decision-making process. Love III likely has a good idea of what he is looking for and he also knows how important those picks are.
When asked about Gil Hanse’s renovation of the 18th green, Nobilo said that he is a big fan of the changes. Prior to this year, the 18th hole was a very benign closing hole. The changes for this year have not taken eagle out of the picture but they have made the players think a bit more about what they want to do on their second shots. The fans really enjoy the changes because the hole has become more interesting and more exciting.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Korda in Mobile
- SCORING: Bradley leads by 1 | 61 by Nordqvist
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process