- Great Scott
Scott Piercy tied the course record with a 1st round 62 in the RBC Canadian Open. He carded two eagles, 5 birdies and a bogey at Hamilton Golf & Country Club and is 8 under par.
- Bernhard's Best
Bernhard Langer set the 1st round pace with a bogey-free 6-under 64 in the Senior Open Championship. Langer has 3 top 5's in Champions Tour Majors this season.
- Stacy's Surge
Stacy Lewis made 7 birdies in a row en route to a bogey-free 9-under 63 in the first round of the Evian Masters. She is 3rd in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings.
- Murphy's Magic
In just his 2nd Web.com tour start of 2012, Trevor Murphy fired a bogey-free 8-under 63 in the first round of the Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational. He hit just 5 fairways but tied the course record on the strength of 23 putts.
- Facebook’s Stock Slump
- Starbucks Losing Business
7:12a ET: Kayla Tausche, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: John Elway, Pro Football Hall of Fame Member
7:40a ET: Andy Zhang, Youngest Participant in U.S. Open History
8:05a ET: Jerry Foltz, Golf Channel Analyst
8:30a ET: Kelly Tilghman, MSNBC Olympic Host
8:45a ET: John Maginnes, SiriusXM PGA TOUR Network Analyst
9:05a ET: Todd Lewis, Golf Channel Reporter
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Working Man” by Rush
“Firth of Fifth” by Genesis
“Cool Cool Water” by The Beach Boys
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Monday, July 30
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots