Morning Drive Co-Host Gary Williams is in Coral Gables, Florida for the Erik Compton Golf Classic which raises money for the Transplant Foundation which provides services for organ transplant recipients and their families. Erik Compton has one of the most unique stories in all of stories and it is wonderful that he is able to spend a day to give back by raising money for the Transplant Foundation with the help of some of his friends including Kyle Stanley and Rickie Fowler.
Later today, he is heading to Palm Beach Gardens for the Els for Autism Pro-Am at PGA National. The school that Els and his foundation are working to build for children with autism is very inspiring and could possibly have a huge impact on the fight against autism. Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman, Keegan Bradley, and Adam Scott are among the players who will be involved with the Els for Autism Pro-Am.
Sunday was a very strange day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship as blimps, ice, and tendons were involved with Tiger’s withdrawal from the tournament and also Bubba’s struggles in the final round. Justin Rose won in strong fashion and is a great story itself but with everything else that happened at Doral, Rose is only one of several big stories.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management