Morning Drive Host Gary Williams joined Wednesday’s program from Sea Island Golf Club where he playing in The McGladrey Classic Pro-Am with Defending Champion Ben Crane. When asked how he got teamed with Ben Crane, Gary said that Crane had been praising fellow Oregon Duck and Morning Drive Guest Host Ahmad Rashad all week so it seemed appropriate that they play together.
No matter what day it is, professional golfers have a plan when they are on the golf course and the reason that they succeed in tournaments is that they prepare on Tuesday and Wednesday. Ben Crane is not only one of the best players, he is also one of the nicest players and Gary is looking forward to spending the Pro-Am with him.
Davis Love III has done a wonderful job with The McGladrey Classic and he even hosts the Pairings Party on Tuesday night at his own home. The hospitality that The McGladrey Classic shows to players and media alike is a throwback to the old Crosby Clambake at Pebble Beach from years ago. It is a real pleasure to be able to attend this event at a place as wonderful as Sea Island.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth