He was in Bermuda with Rory this week at the PGA Grand Slam of Golf. Although he was not surprised at this news, he did not see any friction between the two. They flew out of Bermuda together as Chubby went to New York and Rory went to Istanbul. Chubby told Gary that Rory is a very single-minded young man and the one moment in which Gary could sense a rift between Chubby and Rory was in Akron when Rory said that he was leaning towards rejoining the PGA TOUR and Rory said that he had made his decision on that issue. He thinks this move is more about where Rory sees himself over the next five years and he sees himself more in the United States than he does in Europe.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots