McDonnell, who is the Governor of the State of Virginia, said that it is wonderful to get such a great group of people together at the TPC Tampa Bay to support our nation’s veterans. Those people are heroes and it is so important to do whatever we can to help them. Weather has been a big concern this weekend but he is optimistic that they will be able to get some golf in today.
As Governor of Virginia, he does not get to play much golf anymore except when he plays in charity events. He started playing golf 45 years ago when he was very well and it was a great way to bond with his father and now he uses the game of golf to bond with his children. There are some great courses throughout the state of Virginia and he is happy to say that he has been able to play and enjoy a number of those courses.
It is unheard of for a Naval veteran like Billy Hurley III to go from actively serving in the military to playing professional golf because the two jobs are so different from one another. However, it is very inspiring to see what Hurley has accomplished and Birdies For The Brave is a great organization that does great work to help our veterans.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path