McDonnell, who is the Governor of the State of Virginia, said that it is wonderful to get such a great group of people together at the TPC Tampa Bay to support our nation’s veterans. Those people are heroes and it is so important to do whatever we can to help them. Weather has been a big concern this weekend but he is optimistic that they will be able to get some golf in today.
As Governor of Virginia, he does not get to play much golf anymore except when he plays in charity events. He started playing golf 45 years ago when he was very well and it was a great way to bond with his father and now he uses the game of golf to bond with his children. There are some great courses throughout the state of Virginia and he is happy to say that he has been able to play and enjoy a number of those courses.
It is unheard of for a Naval veteran like Billy Hurley III to go from actively serving in the military to playing professional golf because the two jobs are so different from one another. However, it is very inspiring to see what Hurley has accomplished and Birdies For The Brave is a great organization that does great work to help our veterans.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management