World Golf Hall of Fame Member Hale Irwin will be playing in the PNC Father/Son Challenge this December in Orlando, FL with his son Steve. It is always special to play in this event because he gets to spend quality time with his son in a competitive format alongside friends that both he and his son have known and played with for years. When your son or daughter is playing and you are watching, you are helpless to assist them because with golf, it is truly up to the individual to succeed. You want to be able to help and in this event, you have a chance to watch and help your kids.
Everyone who participates has a wonderful time as they enjoy competing together and against other people. You end up rooting for yourselves as much as you root for the other teams because you get to watch other families enjoy themselves as much as you are.
Whenever the highlights of the 1991 Ryder Cup are on television, he cannot watch the entire show because he always gets nervous. The memories of Kiawah Island are so vivid that he gets excited just watching them.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play