Jason Dufner earned his first PGA TOUR win on Sunday in the Zurich Classic of New Orleans. Looking back, it seemed as though the main thing holding him back from earning that first win was putting struggles on the weekend due to nerves. He has been very close on a number of occasions so it feels wonderful to finally break through with a win.
No one ever expects to make a putt like the one he made at 16 during the final round but it was unbelievable and without that putt, he misses a playoff just as missed the Bubba Watson-Webb Simpson playoff at TPC Louisiana in 2011.
During the playoff, he was able to be more aggressive at 18 than he was able to be during regulation. He was able to put his shots in the right position and he was able to then go on and win the playoff.
He is getting married this weekend and he is very excited about it. As with nearly all weddings there are many last-minute details but he and his bride-to-be knocked out a number of those details on Monday. His bride-to-be will be much busier than he will be this week but he hopes that he can do whatever he can to help her and will show up on time and in position on Saturday.
He has spent a great deal of time preparing on-site at each of the last two Majors and he has a lot of success in both of those Majors. As a result of that success, he plans to prepare for the U.S. Open at Olympic Club and the Open Championship at Royal Lytham in the same way.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air