Jason Dufner, who has won twice in 2012 and is a member of the U.S. Ryder Cup team, is 10th on the FedExCup Points List. Dufner decided to skip The Barclays in order to rest for the last 3 Playoff events as well as the Ryder Cup. Once he knew that he was on the Ryder Cup team, he knew that he would skip one of the events because it was very important to him that he be at his best for the Tour Championship and the Ryder Cup.
He has arrived early at Major Championship sites this year and his Ryder Cup preparation has been no different. He played at Medinah on the Monday after the BMW Championship and that was his first visit to the course. He is looking forward to playing more practice rounds at Medinah next week and he said that he would have the chance to play at most three rounds before Friday.
Along with his two wins and his wedding in 2012, he is now a part of Peter Jacobsen’s collection of impressions during his performances. Dufner has seen clips of Jacobsen and thinks the impression is very good. He also figures he has made it now that Jacobsen is doing an impression of him. He also appeared in a commercial for Comcast Business Class. He was very excited about the production and he was very impressed with the talent and ability of all of the production staff in Los Angeles. It took a long time to go through makeup and wardrobe but the wait was always worth it.
When asked who he wants to play with during the Ryder Cup, Dufner said that he has played a lot with Zach Johnson during the Playoffs and he has noticed that their games are very similar and that they also play a similar golf ball which would be very important in Foursomes. He also feels very confident with the consistency of his game and says that he would be a great player in Four-Ball as well.
He admitted that he has a stoic personality and while he has never experienced a Ryder Cup, he would not be surprised if the crowds and the moments bring out a different side of him. This is like the World Series or the Super Bowl for golf so he cannot wait to be a part of it even if this is the only time he gets to be a part of this great event.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path