Hurricane Sandy has had an impact on many people and many places in the northeast including golf courses. Sobel said that he went on Twitter to request pictures of various courses that have been impacted and he received pictures from places like Fishers Island Club and Pleasant Valley Golf Club. Many course superintendents said if you had to have a storm of this magnitude, this is the time of year to have it because the playing season is winding down and the courses close due to cold weather and snow anyway. It is quite likely that the courses will be able to recover in time for the beginning of the playing season in 2013.
Rory McIlroy will part ways with Titleist at the end of 2012 and it is also a popular topic among those on social media with many people on Rory’s side. There are certainly concerns among some because switching equipment is a big deal for any professional but the consensus seems to be that McIlroy is a very young and very talented player and he will be able to adjust to new equipment quickly and successfully.
Keegan Bradley has suggested that he could pursue legal action if the action of anchoring the putter is banned by the USGA and the R&A and this is definitely a hot button. The day before Bradley made those comments, he had around 30 mentions on Twitter. The day he made those comments, Bradley had almost 600 mentions – an almost 20-fold increase. Many amateurs anchor the putter to their bodies so this is an incredibly hot issue.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots