GolfChannel.com Senior Writer Jason Sobel held a live internet chat during the USGA/R&A teleconference and Sobel said he was very impressed by the number of truly thoughtful and intelligent questions about how this potential ban would impact both pros and amateurs. There was not much confusion among the people he spoke with but there was certainly concern.
The term “USGA” has been tweeted over 6,000 times and the word “putter” has been tweeted over 4,000 times in the last 24 hours so it is a big topic in social media. One of the more thoughtful tweeters on this subject is PGA TOUR member Joe Ogilvie who has asked about what the impact will be if a Major Champion in the next three years wins while anchoring his or her putter. Ogilvie wonders if that Champion will be accused of cheating because this ban has been proposed.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots