On the news that Rory McIlroy has left ISM for Horizon Sports Management, he wonders if Rory was put off a bit by ISM’s Euro-centric attitude where the European Tour comes first and the PGA TOUR comes second. Rory will be rejoining the PGA TOUR as a member in 2012 and Sobel also wonders if Rory felt that ISM had gotten so big that he was unable to receive the personal attention that he wanted and/or needed. Rory is moving to the Palm Beach area in Florida to live at least part time and will be in the U.S. more in 2012 although he will still play in Europe and around the world and try to play in the Ryder Cup for the European team. After talking to players at Disney this week, the feeling that he has gotten is despite the fact that the PGA TOUR season should be over since the FedExCup has been awarded, there is still a lot to play for as not only the top 30, 70, 125, and 150 are to be decided this week, #1 on the Money List is to be determined this week. And on top of that, the Player of the Year is still up for grabs and if Donald wins the Money List and wins this week, it could be Donald. If Simpson ends up winning the Money List, it could be Simpson.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots