GolfChannel.com Senior Writer Jason Sobel is in Atlanta, Georgia this week for the Tour Championship by Coca-Cola. After a week off, the FedExCup Playoffs continue at East Lake this week and Sobel does not feel that much momentum for this tournament has been created because of the off week. However, he does understand that an off week is necessary because it gives players a chance a rest and if there were not an off week, it is likely that many big name players would skip a Playoff event and that is not good for anyone involved.
Louis Oosthuizen has a chance to win the FedExCup without winning the TOUR Championship and although he has a strong season, he has not won on the PGA TOUR in 2012 and would win the $10 million bonus without winning at all. It would certainly be an unfortunate end to a very exciting FedExCup season.
Sobel feels that the Ryder Cup could improve itself by borrowing a couple of ideas from the Presidents Cup. He thinks that the Ryder Cup would benefit from expanding to four days and adding team matches. The most significant change would be if the Ryder Cup went away from a blind draw for its matches and instead had the captains sit together and select their matches in front of each other.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots