Jay Coffin was in New York City yesterday to attend a press conference held by former President Bill Clinton to discuss his work with the Humana Challenge beginning in 2012. He began by remarking that he had to meet a former President of the United States to get a visit to the Morning Drive studio. He was one of several media members who were invited to Bill Clinton’s office in New York City to discuss his work with the Humana Challenge in California that will involve healthier food and healthy initiatives. Clinton’s Foundation is working alongside Humana to put on this event in January. When he met Bill Clinton, he was amazed at how tall he was (about 6 ft 2 in) and at how well he was able to work a room. He shakes hands with everyone in the room and looks you right in the eye. He said to Jay that his dream is to be interviewed by Feherty. Several years ago, Clinton played a round of golf with Bryce Molder who shot a 60 –although Clinton insists that Molder shot a 59. He has been watching Molder’s career and was very happy to see him earn his first PGA TOUR win last week in the Frys.com Open. Clinton says he does not play golf too much anymore – although he has played recently with Padraig Harrington and President Obama. He has never played Augusta National or Pine Valley. There were many Secret Service agents in Bill Clinton’s office and he had to go through an exhaustive background check before attending this meeting. Clinton was very relaxed during the entire meeting and talked about golf for a very long time and even ignored an aide who was trying to get him to end the meeting. He also got to pose for a picture with the President.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae