Blake won the Boeing Classic on Sunday in a playoff over Mark O’Meara. O’Meara is a very good putter so when he has an 8-foot putt to win, you tend to expect that he will make it. Also, he had beaten O’Meara in a playoff in the past so he expected to lose at that moment. It was a bit of a relief to advance and then he was able to win.
He has always had a mustache and he intends to keep his mustache as long as he can. When he was presented a bomber jacket for winning the Boeing Classic, he was pleasantly surprised at the gift and he loved receiving it.
Looking ahead to the 2012 season, he had a strong finish to the 2011 season and he worked hard in the postseason to try to get off on the right foot. He began the year with a runner-up finish but he has struggled recently in large part because he was trying to hard to win and when you combine that attitude with swing issues you are not going to do well. He is very happy to have won in Washington State and he thinks that he could win a couple more times before the end of the year. At the very least he intends to try to win a couple more times.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'