Garth Mulroy earned his first European Tour win in the Alfred Dunhill Championship. Along with being exempt on the European Tour, he will also be exempt on the PGA TOUR as he played his way onto the PGA TOUR through the Nationwide Tour in 2011. He is in a lot of great tournaments for 2012 because he will likely win the Sunshine Tour Order of Merit and he will have endless options over where he wants to play next year.
Padraig Harrington finished 3rd in Malaysia but you cannot say that he is out of his funk after just one week. He won in Malaysia last year but he has struggled all year due to various swing changes and injuries. His finish in Malaysia is hopeful but time will tell where his game is.
The Omega Mission Hills World Cup is being played this week in China and it has a great field although it also means that South Africa will not have Louis Oosthuizen and Charl Schwartzel in the field this week. The World Cup is gaining in prominence and switching to once every other year has been great for the event.
He would not change a lot of things about the Presidents Cup or the Ryder Cup. The U.S. seems to have the International team’s number and they certainly did last week at Royal Melbourne. Tiger Woods showed signs of life in Australia and he will start his 2012 season at Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai or Torrey Pines. Townsend feels that Abu Dhabi has become a great event while the Dubai Desert Classic has lost some luster and Tiger wants to be a part of that gathering.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots