Tom Lewis has been a special player for a long time and has already set records in the Open Championship and was a part of the winning GB&I Walker Cup team this year. He won in his third professional start but finished in the top 10 in his first professional start. Lewis has a great demeanor on the golf course and is also helped by his caddie Colin Byrne. It is a big deal that Luke Donald decided to add Disney to his schedule to try to win the PGA TOUR Money List and keep the drive at history alive to try to win Money titles in the U.S. and Europe in the same year although Tiger would have done so had he been a member of the European Tour. He does not think that Donald is particularly happy about having to add Disney to his schedule but he is doing so because he feels he needs to. In response to Greg Norman’s comments that he would not have picked Tiger for his Presidents Cup team, he said that there are a lot of factors involved in the motivation behind that statement. He is not surprised considering what Norman has said in the past and added that he had heard from a friend of his who was at the Frys.com Open that Tiger was not walking too well in San Martin. He feels that the China Golf Challenge is the silliest of the silly season events although it is not yet officially the silly season. In comparing Manassero and Lewis, he says that it is hard to bet against Manassero. He was on the course during both of his wins where he came from behind to earn the title. Right now he would say Manassero but added that Lewis has more firepower than Manassero does and may have the more complete game. Many people will initially focus on how quick Lewis won but the answer will become clearer based on how both players continue to perform on the European Tour and worldwide.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path