Golf Channel on NBC Essayist Jimmy Roberts is in New York City for the announcement of the 4 U.S. Captain’s Picks for the 2012 Ryder Cup team. We do not expect any surprises from Davis Love III today and Roberts thinks that Snedeker and D.J. locked up their places over the last two weeks to go along with veterans Steve Stricker and Jim Furyk. While that is a possible scenario for today, it is just as possible that someone else like a Mahan or a Fowler could be in that group of four.
While Snedeker and Johnson are hot players right now, it is impossible to say whether or not they will be hot a few weeks from now at Medinah. Just a few weeks ago, Snedeker and Johnson were not playing well at all and almost no one had them in the discussion for Captain’s Picks.
In the years he has covered the Ryder Cup, the toughest moment he has had was in 2004 when he interviewed Phil Mickelson after losing two matches when being paired with Tiger and after dealing with a lot of criticism for changing his equipment so close to the Ryder Cup. Mickelson was a great guy and he made a very stressful situation a lot easier.
Fred Couples has been a close friend of Davis Love III for a very long time and the presence of the 2-time U.S. Presidents Cup Team Captain will serve to provide comfort for Captain Love III. The presence of good friend Mike Hulbert serves the same purpose as both Couples and Hulbert have been close to Davis for many years.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process