Last week on Golf Channel, Feinstein picked Rory McIlroy to win because he really wanted him to win. He is a big fan of McIlroy’s and thinks that it is great for golf to have someone who obviously enjoys what he does and who is a very nice person have the success that he has had. The fact that McIlroy was able to answer a lot of critics with this win made the victory just that much better and he cannot remember when he last enjoyed a tournament this much.
He believes that Rory McIlroy should be the PGA TOUR Player of the Year for 2012. Personally, he feels that a Major Championship is worth five regular PGA TOUR wins and when you consider the way he won the PGA Championship and the fact that he also won The Honda Classic, there is no doubt in his mind that McIlroy at least to this point has had the best year on the PGA TOUR.
The first golf tournament he ever attended as a member of the media was the tournament in Greensboro and he is very happy to see the Wyndham Championship do as well as it is doing especially when you consider how close the event was to extinction just a few years ago. He applauds the hard work of all of the people in the Greensboro area and also thinks that it was a great decision to move the tournament back to Sedgefield Country Club after a number of years at Forest Oaks.
Some of the best stories in the PGA TOUR Playoffs involve the players who barely qualify for the first events and then go on to win and completely change their seasons. This week provides a lot of drama because if you do not finish in the top 125 in FedExCup points, you essentially are forced to take a month off and you have a lot of work to do to try to secure your PGA TOUR card for 2013 during the Fall Series starting in October.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots