When asked about any changes he would want to make the FedExCup Playoffs, Feinstein said that he would blow it up. Anytime that a player wins the FedExCup and has to be told that he won, you have a problem. Another issue is the fact that players can skip events and still be in the running to win the FedExCup. Golf is the only sport where you can be in the postseason, skip a round, and still be included. The Green Bay Packers were 15-1 in the regular season but they did not have any more points than other teams as the Packers had to still win games and if they lost, they would go home just like any other team. The PGA TOUR should also reduce the number of players who qualify for the postseason and also embrace match play.
Davis Love III’s task of choosing four players for his team has certainly become more difficult over the last couple of weeks. Feinstein thinks that Stricker and Furyk are locks because of their experience and their success being teamed with Tiger Woods. He also thinks that it is likely that Hunter Mahan will be on the team because of his Ryder Cup experience and his performance in 2012. He added that Fowler is a likely pick but that he will have to play well in order to make the decision easier for Love III.
Lydia Ko won the CN Canadian Women’s Open on the LPGA Tour as a 15-year-old amateur and the first thing that entered his mind was the fact that she was born two weeks after Tiger Woods won the 1997 Masters. He thinks that prodigies are good for any sport but the prodigies have to pace themselves in order to avoid burnout. If Lydia and the people around her are responsible, Lydia should do well and he hopes that Lydia does not get burned out like so many prodigies before her.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- LPGA event may be further shortened | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly