All you need to know about Brandt Snedeker is that Tom Watson is his hero and role model and if you are a golfer, who better to emulate as a player and a person than Watson? After Snedeker struggled in the final round of the 2008 Masters and broke down during his news conference, Tom Watson called Snedeker and gave him some advice. The advice meant a great deal to Snedeker and it will be interesting to see how Snedeker handles the pressure this weekend.
It would be life-changing if Adam Scott were to win The Open Championship. Scott was as high as 3rd in the Official World Golf Ranking and struggled with injuries after reaching that high point. Scott is one of the nicest guys on the PGA TOUR and some would wish that he could be a bit meaner on the course. It seems as though Scott has dated more Majors than he has won as he has had a couple of notable relationships.
Just like Wimbledon, people in England would become very emotional if an Englishman like Donald and Westwood were to win this week. While it is not as intense as Wimbledon, citizens and journalists alike in England are passionate about players from England during events like this. The loudest roar he ever heard during an Open Championship was when Justin Rose…
Tiger Woods got off to a strong start with a 67 in the first round and he is among a group of notable players who are in great position to get into contention or even the lead. However, in order to win at Royal Lytham you have to putt very well and Tiger will have to get used to the speed changes in the greens and make putts if he is to have any chance of winning.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play