Golf Channel Contributor John Feinstein will be inducted into the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Hall of Fame later this year in Salisbury, North Carolina alongside Bob Costas of NBC Sports among others.
On Tiger’s withdrawal from Doral on Sunday, Feinstein said when Tiger was carted off of the golf course he was surprised like everyone else that he was hurt. There was much to do about Tiger’s departure when he went from the cart to the car to the road being followed by a blimp. He is not exactly sure what his thought process was when he withdrew from Doral and thinks that Tiger and his doctors need to think seriously about Bay Hill next week because The Masters is less than one month away and Tiger has stated that Augusta National is his focus.
When Tiger was dominating, a bad week for him would be a T4. McIlroy showed much of those same qualities when he finished third at Doral despite him saying that he felt flat and did not play as well as he thought he could have. Week after week, he is high up on the leaderboard even when he is not playing well and he should go into The Masters feeling very confident about his chances to win.
The NCAA Tournament gets underway today and he has been looking at three teams in particular: Paul Goydos’ Long Beach State who is a 12th seed and has one of the toughest schedules of anyone in the tournament. If Long Beach State is completely healthy, he could see them pulling off an upset. He also thinks that Virginia Commonwealth and Belmont could also pull off upsets early in this year’s tournament.
It is great that the NCAA Tournament is as big and as popular as it is but on the other hand it puts the coaches and the players under a great deal of pressure to perform. The coaches in particular are under a great deal of pressure because they could have a great season and a great tournament but if it is not good enough in the eyes of the right people, they could lose their jobs and there are a number of examples where this has already happened.
It was a great honor to receive the call that he would be inducted into the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Hall of Fame later this year especially because he is being inducted based on a vote of his peers. It is also a great honor to be inducted alongside colleagues like Bob Costas of NBC Sports.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Rd. 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA Champ. win
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots