Rickie Fowler earned his first professional win in South Korea last week and John considers himself among the group of people who feel that if Rickie plays well, it is good for golf and that Rickie is someone who can drive the popularity of golf along with Rory McIlroy. He feels that many members of the media are desirous that Rickie does well but added that there is no such thing as objective reporting because everyone has biases positive or negative towards someone for some reason and what one needs to do is acknowledge one’s biases and then try to be fair. He admitted that he is biased in a positive way towards Rickie Fowler. When it comes to the PGA TOUR Player of the Year, the question ultimately boils down to Major Championships. It is either McIlroy or Keegan Bradley worldwide in his opinion because of their Major wins and feels that both Webb Simpson or Luke Donald would trade their 2011s for a Major win. He used 2009 as an example in saying that Tiger Woods won Player of the Year with 6 wins while Y.E. Yang had 2 wins including a Major but Tiger would have traded his year with Yang because of the Major. He then asked if you would have the 2010 season of the New England Patriots who went 14-2 or the Green Bay Packers who won the Super Bowl (of course you would take the Packers). Rory McIlroy and Keegan Bradley had great years outside of their Major wins and that fact makes his point that they not Simpson or Donald should lead the vote for Player of the Year. He thinks that the new Chicago Cubs GM Theo Epstein is one of the good guys in baseball and is a great hire by the Cubs because he knows how to do a good job under pressure and the team has a lot of money as well so when you take those two things into consideration, Epstein was a great hire. Feinstein will be guest hosting Morning Drive next week on Tuesday-Friday with Erik Kuselias while Gary Williams is in Bermuda for the PGA Grand Slam of Golf.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Lewis in LPGA finale
- SCORING: Bae wins in Texas | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play