He does not have any problem with Tiger Woods playing this week as he brings more attention to golf whenever he tees it up but he questions why he is playing in California instead of Sea Island or Disney. He thinks the answer is because Disney is a former sponsor and Frys is a possible future sponsor. Tiger keeps saying that he needs more competitive reps if he is going to implement his swing changes yet he does not remember the last time that Tiger played three weeks in a row. He says he needs the reps yet he will only play this one event in the Fall Series. It is good that Fred Couples asked Tiger to play a Fall Series event prior to the Presidents Cup while noting that he should not have been picked to be on the team and it is a big disappointment that Keegan Bradley is left off of the team. The fact that Keegan had only one year to earn points made his omission that much worse. After some animated debating with Gary, he rephrased his statement by saying that Keegan Bradley in one year has outperformed Tiger Woods over the last two years as he has not won since 2009. He always finds the Nationwide Tour and the PGA TOUR Fall Series more compelling than the PGA TOUR Playoffs as it is very exciting to see these players literally playing for their livelihoods every year especially when you have big names like David Duval in this position.
Tags: Morning Drive
10% increase in viewership versus first quarter 2012, most-watched March ever and more. Read More
11-time PGA TOUR winner John Cook and travel expert Matt Ginella join Gary Williams, Holly Sonders, Damon Hack, Kelly Tilghman, Charlie Rymer and Lauren Thompson as Morning Drive regulars. Read More
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots