Phil Mickelson is top 15 all-time in his opinion at this moment and if he were to win his fourth Masters today, he would be comparable to Seve Ballesteros and Nick Faldo but it would not elevate his career and legacy that much.
There are a number of players including Peter Hanson who are under a lot more pressure than Mickelson in the final round today. Hanson has very good stats this week and is playing well but is going to feel a lot of pressure today. He thinks back to 1992 when Craig Parry had a chance to make an impression when he was paired with Fred Couples in the final round but Parry struggled that day. Hanson is more likely to play well but the pressure is square on his shoulders.
When asked about who can make a run up the leaderboard today, he immediately mentioned Hunter Mahan. Mahan does not have to jump over a lot of players to catch the leader and he is playing so well right now. If -8 gets you in a playoff, Mahan will need a 68 and Hawkins thinks that Mahan could easily be a factor.
He does not think that the PGA TOUR will fine Tiger Woods for his behavior during The Masters this week. The game of golf has been good to Tiger but Tiger has been even better to the game of golf. While Tiger can certainly improve certain elements of his behavior, you cannot put a dollar value on what he has contributed to the game of golf.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process