In reaction to the excerpts from “The Big Miss,” Hawkins said that he doubts that the release of the book will have any competitive distraction at all for Tiger Woods because Tiger has been learning how to deal with distraction since he was a young child. Mark Steinberg did what he had to do as Tiger’s agent by going out and denouncing the book. Tiger will most likely have to answer some questions about these excerpts and he will have answers for those questions as he will for every other question he receives.
The ratings for the WGC-Accenture Match Play on Sunday were very strong and they were helped in part by the presence of Rory McIlroy. It is refreshing news to see that a player like Rory can inspire and develop interest in the game of golf. Rory is a lot of fun to watch and it is possible that people are tired of the Tiger and Phil show and are looking for something else. A potential rivalry between Rory and Lee Westwood would help even more.
When it comes to Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood, he doubts that there is as much animosity between them as is being advertised just as he doubts that they were ever as close as some people claim. Westwood has been out there longer and has achieved more so he may not be as hungry as a young Rory would be which could impact a possible rivalry.
This is the biggest win of Hunter Mahan’s career and he beat some of the best players in the world in a very difficult bracket to leave Arizona with the trophy. That being said, he is not taking anything away from Hunter’s win in the 2010 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational which was also a huge win.
John Huh has seemingly come out of obscurity to win on the PGA TOUR and the recent events remind him a 2002 Q-School graduate named Ben Curtis who came seemingly out of nowhere to win the 2003 Open Championship. These stories are so much fun to cover because the search for information drives up the adrenaline and everything is moving at an exhilarating pace.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play