When it comes to the new PGA TOUR Qualification System, he likes the fact that there will be a 3-event series to determine who will get PGA TOUR cards and he likes that the drama will be spread out over three weeks. He does not like the fact that there is seemingly no real end to the PGA TOUR schedule although he understands that money was the key factor behind the decision to change something that he did not think was broken.
The real winners in all of these qualification changes are the title sponsors. The sponsors of tournaments now have more prominence as FedExCup events and after Tiger Woods played in the Frys.com Open, the other Fall Series events wanted to have a way to improve the quality of their fields and the promotion to FedExCup status is a way to do that.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path