When it comes to the new PGA TOUR Qualification System, he likes the fact that there will be a 3-event series to determine who will get PGA TOUR cards and he likes that the drama will be spread out over three weeks. He does not like the fact that there is seemingly no real end to the PGA TOUR schedule although he understands that money was the key factor behind the decision to change something that he did not think was broken.
The real winners in all of these qualification changes are the title sponsors. The sponsors of tournaments now have more prominence as FedExCup events and after Tiger Woods played in the Frys.com Open, the other Fall Series events wanted to have a way to improve the quality of their fields and the promotion to FedExCup status is a way to do that.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Coming up: Bahamas LPGA
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots