In John’s opinion, World #1 Luke Donald is such a great bunker player and such a great player around the greens that he will definitely be a factor at Augusta National although he would not say that Luke is his favorite because he tends to favor longer hitters on a longer course. Luke is probably his 5th or 6th favorite at The Masters.
In 2011, Donald, Westwood, and Kaymer all held the World #1 spot and Donald was clearly the most consistent player among those three players and among any group of players. Donald’s consistent performance in big events is the reason why he is World #1 right now. While Donald is a very clutch player and has proven that he is, the fact that he has yet to win a Major has an effect on his answer to the question of who is the most clutch player in golf. John would put Rory McIlroy above Luke Donald on the list of most clutch players in large part because McIlroy has won a Major and Donald has not.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae