SiriusXM PGA TOUR Network Analyst John Maginnes joined Morning Drive live from the Sedgefield Country Club where he will be following the final group during the conclusion of the final round. When you look at the first couple of pages of the leaderboard, Maginnes says that the veteran players have the advantage today because the course is soft and is playing much longer today than it has at other times this week. He added that the exact opposite could happen because so many strange things have already happened in 2012.
Maginnes thinks that Sergio Garcia has already earned a place on the European Ryder Cup team regardless of whether he qualifies or needs a Captain’s Pick. A win today would be huge for Sergio because just as recently as The Masters he was telling members of the press that he did not feel that he was good enough to win a Major.
The weather forecast for Monday is not great but fortunately the golf course drains very well and the lowest points on the course are back on the 5th and 6th holes and once the leaders get past those holes, everything should go well as long as there is no lightning.
He thinks that the reason that Jason Dufner is not playing The Barclays is because you cannot play every week and at some point, you need a break. It is up to him whether or not he wants to play The Barclays and he will likely get some criticism for sitting out especially if he wins in Greensboro and moves to #1 in the standings. However, it is a great thing that a player of Dufner’s stature is supporting the Wyndham Championship and that is great for the event and for the PGA TOUR. The only way you can correct the issue of players skipping events is to make perfect attendance in the playoffs mandatory if you are going to play in the TOUR Championship.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots