John Maginnes is in Texas covering the Insperity Championship. The opinions of other tour players about Tiger Woods vary wildly as some think Tiger will win Majors again and others think that Tiger will never win again. The young players seem to think they are invincible and they hope Tiger returns to his form simply because they can then go beat him. No one believes that anything is ever completely over and many hope that Tiger will come back and with the current economic situation, they need Tiger to return to form. The folks who hold the purse strings definitely want Tiger to return to form in terms of health and performance. He noticed yesterday that with all of the other sports being played, Tiger Woods was the lead story because he was playing in the Frys.com Open so it is clear that he is still the biggest draw in all of golf no matter how bad he may be playing. He is excited to be able to follow Fred Couples in Houston because he knows that there are not that many chances remaining and the fact that he is so beloved in Houston makes following him a real experience. At the Insperity Championship on Thursday, they were blaring country music over the speakers while the players were practicing which displayed the laid back attitude of the Champions Tour. At this point in the year, you have to compartmentalize as many players are fighting for their jobs and they have to pick their spots where they think they have the best opportunity to be successful. He did pretty well when he played in Q-School and got through the final stage 3 out of 8 times.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path