When asked about the 18th green celebration after winning the Frys.com Open, Blixt said that that was one of the best moments of his life. On the 17th hole in the final round, he had a very difficult shot down to the hole but he felt confident about the shot because he had practiced it earlier in the week.
Growing up in Sweden, he played hockey and other sports during the winters when he could not play golf and participating in other sports definitely helped his physique and fitness which in turn helped his golf game when he was able to practice again after the weather became warmer.
Now that he has won on the PGA TOUR, he will have the chance to play with people who he has looked up to for many years and he was very excited to see that he will be grouped with Jim Furyk and David Toms for the first two rounds of The McGladrey Classic.
His family has been with him for the past couple of weeks and his brother will be with him until the end of this week while his sister will be with him in the United States until Christmas. It has been wonderful to have his family with him over the past couple of weeks on the PGA TOUR. Coming over to the United States was difficult in large part because his family was back in Sweden but it feels like home right now because they are with him.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process