Captain Olazabal began by saying that no matter what, the Captain is always faced with a difficult job when it comes to Captain’s Picks mainly because you have to call the people who are in the running but do not get picked. While Ian Poulter seemed like and was an obvious choice, Nicolas Colsaerts was the harder choice in large part because he is a rookie but Colsaerts has had a great year and he is a long hitter. Medinah will be set up for long hitters and Colsaerts will be a great asset to the team.
He is excited to head to a sports town like Chicago with a very experienced team where Colsaerts is in fact the only rookie. All of the players on the team know what the Ryder Cup is all about and all of them have shown a lot of passion for this event. They put their heart and soul into the Ryder Cup and he expects them to do that again.
Anyone in golf faces ups and downs at some point and Martin Kaymer is going through that right now just as Sergio Garcia has dealt with it in the recent past. We have seen Sergio improve in his game and Martin is working very hard right now to improve his game. Kaymer is passionate about being on the team and he has proven that he can win and succeed on the big stages.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process