European Tour Analyst Ken Brown is in Sicily this week for the coverage of the Sicilian Open. Peter Lawrie started with a course record 64 and statistically he was great from tee to green This is the first time this course has hosted the tournament so of course the 64 is the record and he doubts that it can be beat this week.
World #1 Luke Donald has to be one of the favorites for The Masters but he is not getting as much attention because he is not a flashy player. He is modest and consistent and goes about his business which happens to include winning golf tournaments. His success shows that he knows how to win and he does not see how Donald cannot be a favorite next week.
Europe knows John Daly as Long John and he has always been a fan favorite. Daly enjoys coming over to the European Tour and he also endears himself to fans by spending a lot of time around them on and off the course. He is a bit under the radar on the European Tour as he is not as famous.
Tom Lewis got off to a great start this week with a 68 but followed up with a 73 on Friday which puts him close to the cut line although he should be around on the weekend. Lewis has already shown as both an amateur and a professional that he is a great player and his potential for the future is endless because his total game is so strong.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path