Kirk Triplett earned his first career Champions Tour win in the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach. With that win, Triplett became just the sixth player to earn wins on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, and Web.com Tour in his career.
Triplett joked that the presence of the First Tee junior players last week was not that unusual because there are teenagers out on the Web.com Tour where he played last year. It was a very interesting tournament because there were so many things going on at once. There was the regular tournament competition, a pro-junior competition, and an amateur competition. The First Tee does a great job of teaching these kids wonderful values and it was wonderful to play alongside them in such a great setting. The kids were in awe of Pebble Beach at first but by the end of the week, they were able to be focused on the game just like the pros.
He is playing in the U.S. Senior Open and the older you become, the more you appreciate the opportunity to play in these events because you know that you will have fewer opportunities to compete and win. There are 144 players in the field this week and it does not matter that he won last week because there are so many good players at Indianwood Golf and Country Club. It is nice that there are four rounds this week because you can have one not-so-great round and still have a chance to compete and even win.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae