LPGA Tour rookie Lexi Thompson appeared on Morning Drive live from France where she is competing in the Evian Masters this week. She looks forward to the Evian Masters every year as it is played on a beautiful course in a beautiful city and she is always honored to be invited to play. The course is a bit longer than it was last year but it is still a course that rewards good shots especially to the greens because the greens on that course are very small.
Latanna Stone qualified for the U.S. Women’s Amateur at the age of 10 and she was amazed when she heard the news. There are so many great young players in golf and they are getting started earlier and earlier. She began competing at the age of 5 so she understands what it is like to be in that atmosphere at a young age. She is very proud of what Latanna has accomplished.
A lot of the players on the LPGA Tour have been very nice to her on the road but she is closest to players like Natalie Gulbis, Brittany Lang, and Jessica Korda. So many people have been very generous with their advice and time and she really appreciates being able to learn from them.
She went to the ESPY Awards recently and it was an amazing experience. It was eye-opening to see the athletes that she was competing against and it was also a lot of fun to experience the red carpet treatment. One of the best things about the experience was getting to meet a number of athletes that she respects but has only gotten to watch over the years.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots