Thompson sat down with Win McMurry during the NB3 Challenge in New York. She said that the game of golf is younger and younger and a big reason is that teenagers are practicing harder and spending more time competing. She is very impressed with Lydia Ko and she actually played with her in Australia earlier this year. While she does not think that there should be an age limit for competing on the LPGA Tour, she does say that young players should understand the challenges and demands of a professional career before deciding to embark on that path.
Annika Sorenstam has been a big influence on her career and many of her memories of watching Golf Channel include watching highlights of players like Sorenstam, Lorena Ochoa, and Nancy Lopez. It was a big honor to play on a Junior U.S. Solheim Cup with Lopez as her Captain.
It has been a big challenge to travel as often as she does this year and she has also not played as well as she would like in 2012. She is trying to keep some balance in her life and also trying to improve on the course every week.
Her two older brothers are also professional golfers and she was very fortunate to grow up playing against them on the course. She has been competitive with her brothers from a very young age and she has been able to develop and improve her game through those competitive matches which has served her well in her amateur and professional career.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy won't address management speculation
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air