Luke Elvy is a presenter and reporter for Fox Sports News Channel in Australia. He is in Orlando this week for the Tavistock Cup and the Arnold Palmer Invitational and will be in the United States for much of the next seven months until the TOUR Championship in September.
Jarrod Lyle is battling leukemia in Australia for a second time and he spoke on Australian radio last night. He shared some laughs and he shed some tears as well. During the interview, he talked about how he was able to hold his new baby daughter for about 12 hours before heading into the first week of four straight weeks of chemotherapy. Lyle has had good and bad days but he is ready to fight.
A number of Australians have played well at Augusta National but incredibly, an Australian has never won The Masters and for Australian sports, that is really Mount Everest right now because it seems to be only big event that an Australian has never won. Adam Scott and Jason Day tied for second in 2011 and both of them are contenders this year despite the fact that Scott has played a limited schedule in 2012. Geoff Ogilvy and John Senden are a couple of other names to watch.
Greg Norman is Elvy’s sports hero and idolized Norman ever since he was a little kid. In his opinion, Norman is among the top 3 Australian sports figures of all time. His impact on the game of golf in his home country has been remarkable and when he plays in Australia he is still the top draw of any player.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path