Network 10 Australia Reporter Luke Elvy appeared on Morning Drive to give an update on Jarrod Lyle and his treatment for leukemia in Australia. Lyle was diagnosed with leukemia for a second time a few months ago but he told Elvy that he is indeed in remission at this stage of treatment and will be able to begin the bone marrow transplant process on June 1st. Lyle had told Elvy that he was hopeful that this would happen and then his wife confirmed this.
Lyle as well as all of his friends and family are touched to see so many players wearing Leuk the Duck pins to raise awareness for the fight against leukemia. He was blown away to see players like Tiger Woods and Rickie Fowler wearing the pin on the weeks that they won on the PGA TOUR recently. It has been a difficult fight so far but it is so wonderful to get great news like this. For more information, go to challenge.org.au.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path