Mark Carnevale is an analyst for the PGA TOUR Radio Network on SiriusXM. When asked about the 2012 Rookie of the Year race, Carnevale – who was the 1992 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year – feels that John Huh is the leading candidate because he has won this year and is the leading rookie on the FedExCup Points List at 26th. He also added that Bud Cauley is on his list of contenders. Brian Harman has had a lot of top 25 finishes and has shot a number of low scores on difficult courses and while he has yet to record a top 10 finish, you cannot count out Harman and the race is still wide open.
When he looks at the FedExCup Points List entering the Wyndham Championship, Carnevale is surprised to see that Brendan Steele is in the position he is in especially considering the fact that he won in his rookie season on the PGA TOUR in 2011. He also expects John Daly to make at least a serious run at the top 125 this week from his position at 137th. If Justin Leonard misses the PGA TOUR Playoffs for a second straight year, it will be very surprising because he is a Major Champion as well as a 12-time PGA TOUR winner.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots