Big Break Ireland Winner Mark Murphy is playing in The Irish Open this week on an exemption that he earned by winning Big Break Ireland. Murphy opened with a 3-under-par 69 in the first round at Royal Portrush. It was an unbelievable experience to go out to Royal Portrush in his national Open Championship and there were so many great fans out on the course. The support from the local community has been unbelievable and it was a real thrill to shoot a great round on such a big stage.
When he played in Morocco earlier this year on the European Tour, he learned a lot of lessons that week on how to conduct himself in competition and handling the elements. It is raining sideways in Portrush today so to say the very least it will be challenging in the second round but he hopes to be able to hang on and play the weekend.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots